Chapter 5 (terrible finds)

Attention: this article contains images of corpses exposed to physical and natural influences.

People with an unstable psyche, impressionable and with increased emotional excitability, viewing is undesirable!!!

Before reaching a tree about 10-15 m they stopped, because they saw two corpses lying directly under the cedar. Near without difficulty m. to see the traces of the old fire.

The bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko in their original form

The same bodies found under the cedar, photographed from a different angle and already after the removal of snow. Face up - George Krivonischenko, next to him - Yuri Doroshenko, originally identified as Simon Zolotaryov.

A photo of the bodies of the deceased tourists from the Igor Dyatlov group, found under the cedar around noon on February 27, 1959. The fine cage of the shirt of the cowboy lying face upward with the face of Georgy Krivonischenko is well discernible. Subsequently, a legend was born, as if the bodies found under the cedar were covered with a blanket, but as can be clearly seen in this photograph, made before the removal of snow, there was no blanket on the spot where the bodies were found.

Snow was little - only 5-10 cm - because the tree grew in a place quite windswept. Yuri and Mikhail decided not to approach the bodies, they just went around the cedar in a circle, hoping to see the bodies of other people, but they were not found.

After that, they moved back to the camp in order to inform the comrades about the terrible find. On the pass, Sharavin and Koptolov were divided - the first one was to wait for the helicopter, which was circling above the head, going into the landing, and the second continued to move to the camp.

During the day on February 27, search groups Karelin, Captain Chernyshov, as well as hunters Moiseyev and Mostovoi with two dogs arrived at the site of the search operation. Also in the search area appeared the above mentioned Yevgeny Petrovich Maslennikov and the prosecutor of the city of Ivdel Vasily Ivanovich Tempalov (they flew by helicopter about 13-14 hours). In addition, the delivery of cargo for the forthcoming expansion of the search engine camp began, taking into account the fact that in the next few days a further increase in the number of people involved in the search was expected. According to the memories of the participants of those events, the whole pass between the valleys of Auspia and Lozva that day was filled up with backpacks and all kinds of cargo delivered by helicopters.
   The search camp was decided from the Auspii Valley until it was moved. Since the bodies of dead tourists were found in the Lozva Valley, it was required to carry out the necessary investigative actions and the presence of strangers for obvious reasons could interfere with this.
   Meanwhile, the events continued to develop inexorably (February 27 in general was a day rich in tragic discoveries). During the survey of the slope of Mount Holatchahl on the way from the abandoned tent to the cedar, one more was found - the third one - a male corpse. The investigator of the prosecutor's office, Ivdel Tempalov, who had arrived by this time in the search area, personally examined the body and determined the distance from it to the cedar, under which lay two other bodies, at 400 m. The corpse found lying on the back behind the curve of a dwarf birch, oriented up the slope towards the tent. The snow layer in this place was relatively small and did not hide the body completely.

The deceased was identified as Igor Dyatlov, head of the campaign.

The body of Igor Dyatlov at the time of his discovery on the slope. From under the snow stick out only the forearms of hands pressed to the chest.

The body of Igor Dyatlov after digging out of the snow. At the first glance at the photo, attention is drawn to the open fur sleeveless shirt and pose, which in no way corresponds to the "pose of a chill man."

After that, the examination of the mountainside continued and after a while the dog of the hunter Moiseev, found a fourth corpse, under this layer of snow, about 10 cm thick, this time a female body. The distance between this body and the corpse of Dyatlov, found several hours earlier, was determined by the prosecutor Tempalov at 500 m. The female body was also oriented with the head towards the top of the mountain, i.e. towards the tent. The dead was identified as Zina Kolmogorova. It was striking that the tent on the slope, the corpses of Kolmogorov, Diatlov and cedar near the stream were almost on the same line in the line of sight.

Zina Kolmogorova

The bodies found under the cedar were originally identified as belonging to Yuri Krivonischenko and Semyon Zolotarev. Only after a few days it becomes clear that the latter was identified wrongly and the corpse belongs to Yuri Doroshenko. The bodies were frozen and looked like little people during their lifetime. Everyone who has ever seen these deceased tourists noted a striking change in skin color, with different narrators describing this change in different ways - from yellow-orange to brown-brown. There is a well-known memory of the witness of the funeral of the deceased students, in which this sensation of strangeness of the body type is briefly and subtly conveyed: "Negroes lay like coffins in coffins". The subjective perception of color was influenced both by the illumination and emotional state of the eyewitnesses, but there is no doubt that the kind of the dead was very unusual. Besides, on the open parts of the bodies found on February 27, all sorts of abrasions, wounds, incomprehensible sweats, similar either to bruises, or to cadaveric blemishes, in general looked dead really frightening. The feeling of strangeness in their appearance was reinforced by the fact that the corpses were only partially clothed, they did not have headdresses and shoes, and the bodies found under the cedar were in addition ... in pants. One could only guess what kind of threat drove people from the tent in their socks and underpants to the frost in the wild uninhabited area.

On February 27, the search engines began to feel the snow on the slope with the help of ski poles, hoping to find new corpses. In a short time, ski poles will be replaced by avalanche probes, such sharp pointed metal pins 3 m long, whose "pricks" were to check the places where snow bodies could be found. The search engines got up the chain and started moving in the chosen direction, not allowing the chain to break, making for each square meter of the snow surface at least 5 "jabs" with a probe. It was not just a hard, but really exhausting work, requiring not only physical but also moral strength. They were looking for dead people!
   At the same time, while on the slope of Holat-Syahyl (Holatchahlya), searches were carried out for the dead tourists, another group of participants of the search operation began to analyze the tent of the group Djatlov. It is not entirely clear why this extremely important event was held without the participation of the prosecutor and was not fixed in any way - neither by protocol, nor by film. Whatever happened to the group of Igor Dyatlov, this event began near the tent and everything that was connected with the situation near it, the location of things inside it - all this was of great importance for understanding what had happened. Meanwhile, working with the tent, parsing the items stacked in it, transferring them down the slope, was actually abandoned. One of the participants in the notorious "analysis of the tent" (in fact, the destruction of traces) of the search engine, Brusnitsyn VD, subsequently described this process in an interrogation: "Snow was selected with the help of skis and ski poles. Ten people worked without any system. In most, everything was pulled out directly from under the snow, so it was very difficult to determine where and how each thing was. "To give the reader a clearer idea of ​​how chaotic the process of inspecting things in a tent and carelessly treating potentially important clues, one can mention a roll of film, The slope of the mountain is down and found only the next day. About him, the rescuer Georgy Atmanaki, on official questioning at the prosecutor's office in April 1959, said that he was "15 meters below the tent, (...) rolled out from there during a preliminary inspection of the tent the day before." It is clear that no trace fixation at such the organization of work and speech could not be. Therefore, the employees of the prosecutor's office later had to restore the situation inside and around the tent according to the stories of the participants in this action.

The photograph depicts the very moment, which is described in the essay: the tent is completely dismantled and pushed aside, from under it the skis of the members of the group were extracted, the rescuers moved lower along the slope. A little above the place of installation of the tent you can see the figures of two people: journalist Yuri Yarovoi and prosecutor-criminalist Lev Ivanov. This photo is especially valuable in that it allows you to judge the steepness of the slope of Mount Holat-Syahyl directly at the place of installation of the tent. The original photo (left) is somewhat "swamped" to the left, but the simplest transformations make it possible to compensate for the flaws and accurately name the magnitude of the steepness of the overlying slope @. It is equal to 15 degrees. Just! This is less steep staircase marches and escalators in the subway.

Slope of Mount Holat-Syahyl as a whole is quite a canopy and its steepness is averaged 10-12 degrees. In some places the angle increases to 20 degrees, but horizontal platforms also come across. On one of these sites, the tent of the Djatlov group was set up. Nothing is known about the traces around the tent, there is evidence that the ski trail from the Auspii Valley to the place where the tent was installed remained visible until March 6. But there are others, according to which there were no significant traces either on the way to the tent or around it; most likely it will be assumed that no one paid due attention to the traces in due time. Nevertheless, all the searchers who visited the area of ​​the tent on February 27 and 28, 1959, agreed that there were no "suspicious tracks" (ie, a large beast) on the site around the tent. Outside the horizontal platform, chains of well-marked trails began leading down the slope. These were not ordinary traces of feet in snowdrifts, but the columns of compacted snow that remained after a strong wind blew snowdrifts. It may seem surprising, but these tracks were perfectly preserved and it was possible to judge them not only about the direction of movement and changes within the group, but also about which foot (in the sock or valenka) the track was left. Everyone who saw these footprints on the slope claimed that they were left with 8-9 pairs of legs, that is, they belonged undoubtedly to tourists from the Djatlov group. Their departure from the tent was orderly, people did not run erratically, but walked in a cohesive group.

One of the few photographs depicting the tracks of the departure of the group Djatlov on the slope. The investigation failed to take proper measures to fix and analyze the track tracks, which at the end of February and beginning of March 1959 still had good preservation. Not bad to such an extent that from the words of the searchers who saw the traces with their own eyes, it could be understood from the prints that they were left with a shod or leg-worn foot. The study of footprints on their entire length (about half a kilometer) would have allowed to judge both the personal belonging of the tracks and the important features of the movement of the group. In the presented photograph, it is possible to identify with a high degree of reliability the imprints of the male legs (pos.1) with a small step length, small footprints of the girl (pos.2) and the overlaid traces of at least two men following one another 3). In addition, there are traces of another man (pos.4), whose step is much wider than the steps of the other members of the group, and the track is the same as that of the girl (suggesting that the man covered the departure of the group, and then chased the departed forward. remember that the tracks led downhill, and it is very inconvenient to walk widely from top to bottom). If in the investigation file there were correctly taken (from the criminalistic point of view) photographs of the track tracks, now the researchers could very accurately reproduce the behavior of the members of the group in the first minutes after the onset of the emergency situation. Unfortunately, this only has to be said in the subjunctive mood.
  At a distance of 80-90 m from the tent, the discrepancy of the tracks was noticeable, as if two people (two pairs of legs) seemed to separate from the main group, but they did not go far and continued to move parallel to the main group, keeping with it, apparently, contact with the voice. Traces were well traced on the slope for more than half a kilometer. Judging by the tracks, the group moved in the direction of the valley of the Lozva River and was practically straightforward (Boris Efimovich Slobtsov, in his official testimony during the investigation, in the following words, described the situation near the tent and the track: "From the tent (...) at a distance of about 0.5 -1 meter, they found several slippers from different pairs, and also ski caps and other small items were scattered.I do not remember and did not notice how many people were traces, but it should be noted that the tracks were initially left heaped, venom with each other, and further the following costs, but as an expense, I now do not remember. ").
   While studying the tracks, the attention of the search engines attracted the footprint in the boot with the heel. Unfortunately, this trace turned out to be a single one and its value was not appreciated by anybody. At least at that moment. Nobody thought about why there are many footprints in socks and felt boots, and there is only one footprint in the boot? By all accounts, one of the members of the tour group descended in the shoe and this assumption suited everyone. Only much later it turned out that none of the nine tourists had shoes on their feet ... The track was not properly fixed, it was not even measured with a ruler. There was only one photo, objectively confirming the existence of a footprint in the shoe next to the path of tourists' retreat.

Photo of the same footprint in the boot (from the collection of Alexei Vladimirovich Koskin, Yekaterinburg investigator of the tragedy of Igor Dyatlov). The imprint itself is directly under the toe of the boot pointing to it. The print is incomplete - the heel and the middle part of the sole were well printed, while the sock is actually "hanging in the air". This character of the fingerprint indicates that it is left in the dynamics, while moving downward, when the emphasis is on the heel. If the person in the boot was static, the sole would be imprinted completely. If the imprint was measured, then the simplest arithmetic actions could be established not only the size of the shoe of the person who left it, but the true size of its feet, height and weight. Unfortunately, we also have to speak about this only in the subjunctive mood.

Next to the tent there was a pair of skis, and opinions about what kind they were found were later divided: there are memories that the skis were standing upright, stuck in the snow at the entrance to the tent, but also a certificate according to which the skis were connected and lay on the snow. Away from the tent at a distance of about 10 m, in the snow were found things that belonged, as it turned out later, Igor Dyatlov - a pair of socks and cloth slippers, wrapped in a shirt, a cowboy.
    This package seems to have been pushed aside. The tent of the Djatlov's group was set up regularly, but the distant stretches from the entrance were torn off, making the northern part of the tent seem to be rattling for some time. However, by the time the search engines appeared, it was already covered with a layer of snow 20-30 cm thick. 8 pairs of skis were laid under the bottom of the tent, 9 backpacks were laid inside, laid to give more stability to the bottom.

Tent of "dyatlovtsev" in the last campaign. Photographs from the cameras of the deceased tourists, pictures were taken in the last days of January 1959 in the valley of the Auspiya River. On the left photo there is a hinge sewn into the roof of the tent, into which the rope-extension is inserted. Stretching was attached either to branches of trees, if there were any nearby, or passed through the ski and tied to a ski pole replacing the peg. In the photo on the right, you can clearly see the chimney of the Icem Dyatlov's self-made stove, which is led out through the opposite end of the tent.

The southern tip of the tent (where there was an entrance) was fixed on a ski pole, the northern end was covered and the ski pole was not fixed. Over the backpacks were laid 2 blankets, 7 more blankets were either stacked or crumpled and formed a pile of piles. Over the blankets were randomly piled up with wadded jacket-padded jackets of 6 pcs.
   Near the entrance to the left hand (when viewed from the entrance) was found almost all the shoes that were available to the group: 7 boots (ie, 3.5 pairs) and 6 pairs of ski boots. The shoes looked messy. Another 2 pairs of shoes lay in the central part of the tent on the right hand. Also on the right hand, but closer to the entrance, there were things that can be conditionally called a hosinventar - axes (two large and one small), drank in a case, two buckets (inside of one of them was originally a flask with alcohol, which was taken the day before by Boris Slobtsov ), two bowlers, and also a cylindrical stove. Witnesses described the condition of the stove in different ways: some claimed that it was stuffed with chips and wood chips, while others said that parts of the chimney had been disassembled inside. For us it is important now to note that the stove at the time of emergency was clearly not used by the group for its intended purpose. Here, next to the hosinventar lay 2 or 3 bags of breadcrumbs.
      Immediately, at the entrance was found a ski stick, thrown over other things. The stick looked as if someone were trying to shave it with a knife. This stick is associated with one of the many serious uncertainties that exist around the death of the Djatlov group. The fact is that tourists did not have spare ski poles, and damage to at least one of them could seriously impede the movement of the whole group. It is completely incomprehensible who and for what could be engaged in such a meaningless and directly wrecking affair as knife-stabbing a stick. In addition, it is not entirely clear how one could generally cut a bamboo with a knife (and according to Yudin, at the disposal of the group there were only bamboo ski poles). There is a suggestion that the stick found in the tent was not bamboo, but neither confirm nor deny it now is impossible - nobody photographed this stick and its future fate is unknown at all.
   The attention of the rescuers who tilled the tent attracted a large, kilogram by 3 weight, a piece of ham-loin extracted from the bag, and a strip of pigskin skin, torn from the ham, lay on the blanket. At a time when an emergency occurred with the group of Djatlov, the tourists clearly intended to cut this "loin" for reception in food.
   Also, somewhere around here, in the nearest part of the tent, was found "Evening Ottoten", a comic homemade wall newspaper of tourists, written on a sheet of paper (It makes sense to quote it, because with the contents of this sheet some versions of what happened with the group Dyatlov: "Evening Ottern" No. 1. February 1, 1959 Editorial: We will meet 21 congresses by increasing the number of tourists! Science: Recently, there has been a lively discussion in the scientific community about the existence of a snowman. According to the latest data, snowmen The Philosophical Seminar "Love and Tourism" is held daily in the tent room (main building), lectures are given by Doctor Thibaut and Candidate of Lovers' Sciences Dubinina, Armenian mystery: Is it possible to warm one stove and one blanket 9 tourists? News of technology.Travel sleds.We are good at riding a train, car and horse.For the carriage of goods on snow are not recommended.For consultation consult the main designer com. To Kolevatov. Sport. A team of radio technicians in the Comrade. Doroshenko and Kolmogorova set a new world record in the assembly of the stove - 1 hour 02 min. 27, 4 seconds. The organ of publication of the trade union organization of the group "Khibina."). It is noteworthy that the originals of this wall newspaper are not in the materials of the case, there is only a typewritten copy, so it is impossible to say who it was written (and in general, whether by one person or several). In addition, it is not entirely clear where exactly this tent was in the tent, there is evidence that he was found pinned with a pin to the inner canopy, but this is inaccurate.
   In the far from the entrance of the tent were food (sugar, salt, cereals, condensed milk) and an unremarkable log. The latter, apparently, was supposed to be used for kindling.

Reconstruction of the general view of I. I. Dyatlov's tent (in axonometric projection with observance of proportions) and indicating the location of things at the time of its discovery on the slope of Holat-Sahyl by search engines. Image conditionally, to simplify the scheme are not shown backpacks tourists (9 pcs.), Laid on the bottom, blankets (2 pcs - straightened and 7 pcs - crumpled) and quilted jackets (jackets-padded jackets). For a clear comparison of the sizes on the diagram, a man of the complexion of Y. Doroshenko (height - 180 cm, shoulder width - 55 cm) is depicted. Legend: 1- loop in the ridge of the roof, in which cord-stretched ropes were introduced to avoid the sagging of the tarpaulin; 2- double seam crossed the roof slopes and side walls, which was obtained by sewing the tent of Djatlov from two 4-person tents; 3- Igor Dyatlov's hanging stove and chimney assembled (they were not used during the last night and found on the floor of the tent). Zone "A" - a place to the left of the entrance, where practically all the footwear of the group was found to be dumped (7 felt boots and 6 pairs of shoes); zone "B" - a section to the right of the entrance, where the group's gouging unit was folded (2 buckets, a jar with alcohol, 2 large axes and 1 small bowler, a saw in the scabbard, an overhead stove, bags with breadcrumbs, and a piece of loin weighing approx. 3 kg.); zone "C" - a place in the central part of the tent on the right hand of the entrance, where two pairs of shoes were found; zone "D" - the far part of the tent, where the group's products (cereals, canned food, sugar) were found and a log fired for heating the stove. Such a scheme should have been compiled by investigators, since its analysis can tell a lot about the last minutes of a quiet life of tourists, however, prosecutors did not bother with such a reconstruction. In this essay we will have to refer to this picture more than once.

The search engines dismantled the tent, took out the things from it and carried them down the hill for the convenience of subsequent evacuation. Three pairs of skis were pulled out from under the tent, two of which were given to the hunters Moiseev and Mostovoy, and one was used as stakes to mark the bodies of Kolmogorova and Dyatlov on the slope.
       February 28, 1959 prosecutor Vasily Ivanovich Tempalov initiated a preliminary investigation into the discovery of the corpses of four tourists from the group Diatlov.
   On March 1, the tent and the property of the group found in it without an inventory was taken by helicopter to Ivdel. Identification of things and their distribution by membership of the group members with the participation of Yuri Yudin was already there.

On the same day - March 1 - the only prosecutors in the Sverdlovsk regional prosecutor's office, Lev Nikitovich Ivanov, who was the head of the investigation into the death of the Djatlov group, arrived in the search camp. Since that time, the search engines have begun to probe the slope of the Holat-Syahyl to the avalanche probes delivered to the camp. The work was carried out with complete dedication of the participants, for the day each searcher probed with a probe up to 1 thousand square meters, moving sometimes in a snow depth of 1.5 m.
   The work was done tremendously. Within a week (from March 2 to 9), the search engines systematically "probed" the slope of the Holat-Sahyl from the location of the Djatlov's tent to the Lozva Valley, carried out methodical combing of the forest in the cedar area, under which the first two bodies were found, and made a roundabout of height 905 ,4. Next they checked the descent from this height to Lozva and a long ravine 50 m from the cedar. The probing of the ravine with probes was carried out for 300 m, but this work could hardly be considered effective, since the depth of the snow there exceeded 3 m and the length of the probes was clearly insufficient.
   In the course of these works, a Chinese flashlight was found in good order with a discharged battery. The torch was in the on state. The search engines found it on the 3rd stone ridge at a distance of about 400 m from the tent. (The slope of the Holat-Sahyl crosses three long stone ridges, located almost horizontally, the uppermost, conditionally the 1st, is removed from the tent by about 200 m, the next - by 250-280 m, and finally, the third, the last, is located at a distance of about 400 m. The members of the Djatlov group when descending to the cedar would inevitably have to overcome each of them.) The found flashlight was on the line "tent-cedar" and its location corresponded to the assumption about the departure of the group (or part of the group) in the direction of the tree, under which were found the bodies of two tourists.
   On March 2, 1959, a group of three search students and two Mansi hunters found a store left by the Djatlov's before going up to Holat-Sahyl. He was, as expected, in the valley of the river Auspiya, about 300 meters from the search camp. The Djatlov's built a store on the ground, enclosed it with lapnik and designated a vertically standing pair of skis, on which they tore the broken gaiters. Labaz seemed to be undisturbed. It was located about 100 m from the shore of Auspii and half a kilometer from the forest boundary. It contained various products (cereals, sugar, etc., a total of 19 items with a total weight of 55 kg.), Harvested wood, as well as things that they could not need for the few days that they needed for climbing to Oorten and returning back to the valley of Auspia. Among these were the mandolin, the aforementioned pair of skis used as a landmark, 2 pairs of boots (ski and warm), an ice ax, as well as a cap, mask and cowboy (1 pc.). Labaz, with the discovery of which linked hopes for clarifying the fate of the group, did not add anything new to the search engines. It only became clear that after an emergency leave of the tent, none of the members of the group Dyatlov to the store returned.

Labaz is a specially equipped place where tourists put heavy things in order that they do not interfere with the ascent. After descending from the mountain they had to return to the storage. There were products with a weight of 55 kilograms in total, as well as a first aid kit, warm boots of Djatlov, ski boots, a mandolin, a set of batteries with bulbs and a spare set of skis.

The next day - March 3, 1959 - at the airport of the city of Ivdel were disassembled and described the protocol of the belongings of the missing group, delivered there from the search area by helicopter. We list the most significant items in the context of this essay and the personal belongings of tourists found in the tent: 9 jacket-storms, 8 cotton jackets-telegrakes (in the vernacular of "quilts"), 1 fur jacket, 2 fur sleeveless jackets, 4 storm pants, 1 cotton trousers , 4 scarves, 13 pairs of mittens (fur, cloth and leather), 8 pairs of ski boots, 7 pieces of felt boots, 2 pairs of slippers, 8 pairs of gaiters, 3 speed skirts, 1 fur hat, 2 felt berets, 3 compasses, 1 pocket watch , 1 Finnish knife, 3 axes (2 large and 1 small in a leather case), boot covers and - 19 pcs., 2 buckets, 2 bowlers, 2 flasks, 1 first-aid kit. There was also a significant number of small items - socks, footcloths, masks, toothbrushes - removed from backpacks, which made it difficult to determine their belonging to specific participants in the hike.
   What conclusions can be drawn from an analysis of the composition of objects thrown by dyatlovists in the tent? First of all, they left their shelter leaving their outer clothing - quilted jackets, jacket-boots, boots, felt boots and hats. Only an exceptionally serious threat could induce a group of 9 young and physically strong people to leave the camp urgently during the winter time in an absolutely uninhabited forest region. The question, apparently, was this: either going down the slope, or an immediate and imminent death at the place of installation of the scarf. However, it can not be said that the group was completely unarmed - tourists threw three axes and one Finnish knife in the tent, in addition, most likely, they had some knives in their possession, because they cut the fir and birch trees from the cedar. However, the danger faced by tourists was such that the axes and knives in that situation could not help them in the confrontation.
   In addition, in general, the obvious conclusion, the investigators did and another: the crisis situation began to develop at the time of changing the group (preparing for bed). This could explain the fact that almost all the shoes and outerwear of the group were removed and thrown in the tent. This conclusion became a kind of axiom, accepted on faith by the overwhelming majority of researchers of this tragedy.
   On the same day, March 3, 1959, a group of Boris Slobtsov, consisting of students from Sverdlovsk Polytech, left the search area. The reasons for which the group had to be recalled were the extreme fatigue of its members and the need for an early return to study. Nobody in the institute's management would not be willing to transfer the session or forgive academic "debts" for the participation of students in the search operation. On the same day, the heads of the tourist movement of the all-Union scale appeared in the search camp - we are talking about Moscow experts Bardine, Shuleshko and Baskine mentioned above. They were to assess the organization of the search operation on the spot and make preliminary conclusions about the nature of the incident that caused the death of part of the group of Igor Dyatlov. Bardeen and Baskin stayed on the site of the search operation until March 8, and Shuleshko flew off the day after them.
   As a result of his stay in the camp and studying the situation "on the spot", the "Muscovites" prepared a report, a kind of expert conclusion, in which they attempted to look at what happened to the group of Dyatlov in an unbiased and sober manner. The departure of the woodpeckers from the tent to the cedar, they explained by the long nature of the danger that took place on the slope and prompted tourists to urgently seek salvation in the Lozva Valley. As the clothes of the dead clearly did not match the weather conditions, Moscow experts suggested that the danger caught up with those at the time of dressing. This assumption for many years has become a kind of axiom, from which the creators of most of the versions of what happened happened. In general, the report of the Moscow experts was drawn up in the expressions of very cautious, if not evasive; they did not blame anyone for the tragedy that happened, and refrained from harsh assessments. In the formulations of this document, the hand of an experienced chancellor who tries to distance himself from the potentially dangerous content of the document is felt.