The sequence of events on the slope of Holatchahl

The sequence of events on the slope of the Holatchahl in the first approximation.

Let's try to draw a general picture of what happened on the slope of Holat-Sahyl in the first, so to speak, approximation. Around 15:00, maybe later, at the end of the tent's installation, when it was only necessary to fix the roof ridge on the stretches, Igor Dyatlov's group faced the threat of physical violence, which originated from people armed with firearms. At the very beginning of the conflict, the group of "Dyatlovites" were separated by Thibaul-Brignol and Zolotarev, who watched what happened at the tent with some removal, without the slightest opportunity to influence the situation. Armed people for some special reasons did not set themselves the task of killing tourists immediately and near the tent - they expected to "freeze" the group by driving it out into the cold. To this end, the unknowns demanded that the "Dyatlovites" take off their shoes, mittens and hats. During the undressing, there were wrangling, followed by counter threats from the tourists and they most likely showed passive disobedience. It can be assumed that at these moments the girl's indignation was especially active, provoking the first, so far insignificant, use of force by the attackers. Indirectly, this is indicated by the breaks in the details of Zina Kolmogorova's clothes (the sleeve of a sweater). At the same time he could get strong tears in the lower part of his trouser leg and Georgy Krivonischenko (the same sharovar that would later be found on the body of Lyudmila Dubinina).
   Perhaps, arose zavarushku Rustem Slobodin used to attack one of those who threatened with weapons. The attempt failed, Rustem was badly beaten, beaten for a while, however, then came to his senses and was able to move independently for a while. Apparently, being in a state of affect, he overestimated his physical abilities and did not seek help from his companions in adversity (although, objectively speaking, he could not be helped by that situation any more). Perhaps, in addition to Rustem Slobodin, other members of the group (in particular, Zina Kolmogorova and Georgy Krivonischenko) were physically affected (albeit not so hard). Physical reprisal took the form of demonstratively coarse compulsion to obey the demands of attacking people. Whatever it was, the "Dyatlovites", shocked by events that followed with kaleidoscopic speed, and suppressed unmotivatedly cruel punishment of their comrades, submitted to their unknown enemies - they took off their shoes, gloves and headdresses. In the gathering twilight, the attackers found it difficult to control the group, which is why some "woodpeckers" remained in ski hats, and Rustem Slobodin - in a felt-boot. At some point, unknown criminals decided that their demands were met in sufficient volume and they instructed the tourists to leave. "Dyatlovites" took the opportunity to leave the slope as a pledge of their salvation. They thought that the most unpleasant for them had already ended - the robbers would live with their property, drink alcohol and take the money - and go on their way in the morning. And the "Dyatlovites", having waited for the night in the forest, will return to the tent, pull the skis out from under it and safely continue the movement along the route, because in the end all remained alive, and even the storage with the main supplies intact. By the way, it is precisely the unwillingness to give out the location of your storage house that can be explained by the choice of a clearly irrational route of movement by the "dyatlovists" - they went to the opposite side from the storage and, moreover, against the wind. The conversations of other "version builders" that all 9 people at once lost their orientation in space and forgot (or mixed up) the true direction to the store, below any criticism. This could not be under any circumstances (Zolotarev, incidentally, had a compass!) And if the group moved away from the storage, then it was unambiguously meaningful, logical and all approved action.

Zolotarev and Thibault Brignol joined the descending ones. The first illuminated the lantern slope until the flashlight was discharged. As you know, EMF batteries and batteries in the cold drops sharply, because of which prolonged use of electrical appliances becomes impossible. As soon as the battery of the flashlight was discharged, Semyon threw it because of utter futility. It happened in the area of ​​the third, the farthest from the tent of a rocky ridge (there the search engines found this flashlight later). By the way, after that the group leaving the tent did not remain without light: another flashlight was available from Thibault Brignoles. The fact that Nicholas did not throw it away (the flashlight was found in Thibault's pocket) indirectly indicates its working capacity. Thus. tourists descended into the valley of Lozva having any kind of light source. And this only strengthens the confidence that no serious falls and injuries of the members of the group on the slope of the Holat-Sahyl occurred (by the way, such a descent along the slope without shoes was reproduced by a group of tourists in 2008. This peculiar "investigative experiment" reconstructed the movements "Dyatlovites"on the slope.Nine tourists, having taken off their shoes, made a run from the location of the tent to the cedar, and none of them received any injuries.The running time was running at 15 minutes, when moving step by step this interval It lasted up to 40 minutes, but for us both figures only have an orienting value, the members of Igor Diatlov's group could move much longer).
   Actively discussing what happened, the tourists did not notice how Rustem Slobodin left the group. Apparently, Rustem did not ask for help in principle, hoping to overcome dizziness and weakness on his own. At the same time, he clearly underestimated the threat of his own life, it is difficult to imagine anything else, because his request for help would not remain unanswered and his comrades would not leave him alone, there can be no doubt about this. Only at the bottom, during a brief respite and roll call, Igor Dyatlov realized that the participant of the campaign had disappeared, for which he, as the senior group, was responsible. Therefore Igor Dyatlov independently went in search of Slobodin, perhaps even before cedar fire was divorced. The flame of the fire was to serve as a reference point for Slobodin and Dyatlov. Harvesting firewood and raising fire required a certain amount of time and effort. When the fire still flared up, and the missing ones did not appear at the cedar, Zina Kolmogorova went to their search. Climbing the slope, she most likely found the bodies of both comrades who died by that time, but decided to move to the tent on their own.
   What was happening at that time near the tent? Attackers collected things, shot "Dyatlovites" under the threat of weapons, and randomly threw them at the entrance to the tent. This is how a disorderly mountain of shoes was formed to the left of the entrance, which was described by the search engines who discovered the tent at the end of February. Recall that two pairs of shoes were in the central part of the tent at the right hand of the entrance, ie, in the opposite part of the tent. The tourists themselves could not get mixed up with the interchangeable shoes, removed from the backpacks, because, removing one pair, the person immediately shod another one. The fact that 7 felt boots were dumped in a bunch with 12 boots, clearly indicates that this mountain of shoes appeared not at all when analyzing backpacks. And this shoe-chaos was created not by the hands of the Dyatlovites.

Finishing off the shoes, the unknown, using the flashlight of Igor Dyatlov, began to collect small details of clothing - mittens, gloves, hats - scattered near the tent. Some things they did not see clearly, which indirectly indicates the snowfall that was going on at the time (the search engine Boris Efimovich Slobtsov in his official testimony told the investigation that he saw small items near the tent - ski caps, etc.). Also left was not found Igor Dyatlov's shirt with wrapped in it socks and slippers, lying in the snow at some distance from the tent. Perhaps the attackers simply forgot about its existence, or were inattentive.
   After that the criminals moved to the tent. One of them began to search the things of tourists, hoping to find documents of "Dyatlovites", weapons and the camera that Simon Zolotarev carried away with him. However - and this thesis will be further justified especially - the attackers could not look for this camera at all, but quite different (-ie), most likely, the brand of FED or FED-2. The role of this camera (or cameras) in the history of the death of Igor Dyatlov's group is very significant, but in order to avoid a fuss, this aspect will be considered later. In the tent there were at least 4 cameras "Zorky", including that belonging to Semen Zolotarev, but they were not interested in the attackers. Criminals, having shaken things out of "dyatlovtsev", of course, found all four cameras "Zorky", and most likely, they found and took with them a camera (s) of the type FED (FED-2). Therefore, all the cameras of members of the group "Zorky" remained in place and already in early March Yuri Yudin clearly defined the belonging of two of them - Slobodin and Zolotaryov, and the camera (s) FED (or FED-2) disappeared (s) and never was not found (-s). We do not know how many cameras of the FED type - one or two - are therefore forced to talk about their numbers indefinitely. But at least one such camera was available to tourists and we know for sure that he disappeared from the tent along with the loaded film. 
   Why can we say with certainty that the search in the tent was conducted by those people who kicked out the "Dyatlovites" from it? This is eloquently evidenced by the camera Georgy Krivonischenko. In this camera there was a film with 34 footage, George, apparently, was a big fan of the photo section, because he was not too lazy to take a tripod with him, a filter, the expensive interchangeable lens "Jupiter-11" and the viewfinder. The last shots, where you can see the group that opens onto the treeless slope, were filmed by Krivonischenko's camera. So the yellow filter of this camera was distributed, broken. A broken filter does not have any value, to shoot through it the same as looking into a broken mirror: who cares about the image, zigzagged with cracks? If the light filter had crushed Krivonischenko, he would have thrown it out because it was completely unfit for further use. However, the light filter was put back into the case, where it was discovered by investigator Tempalov at the end of February. In the hard leather case for the light filter there is a special pocket and, by the way, when the filter is in it, it is almost impossible to crush it. Though kicking feet! In order to crush the glass of the light filter, it must necessarily be removed from the cover, or ... or it must fall out of it, which for us is now unprincipled. In any case, the cover must first be opened.

What happens? The light filter was not split by Krivonischenko, that is, not the owner of the camera, but someone who opened a leather case and inspected the camera. He uncomfortably dropped the light filter, then put it back without noticing the cracked glass ... This person was purposefully searching for another camera, quite specific, but he did not want his interest in the cameras of the deceased group to be noticed by the investigator who was with this case to understand the future.
   So, while one of the criminals crawled along the tent, flashing a flashlight for himself, the second one, making cuts on the right of the entrance to the ramp, observed the slope of Holatchahl. The attackers had reason to fear the return of the group - in principle, only a sudden organized attack by the "Dyatlovites" gave them a real chance to survive in the current situation. Apparently, to help his friend with the search of a tent, the observer began to trim the ski stick, which he intended to support the heavily sagging roof ridge. The attackers obviously did not know exactly how the horseshoe was fixed, so they decided to adjust the ski stick for this. However, a stick with a length of 1.3-1.4 m could not be used as a support for a heavy tarpaulin skate only 1.0 m high (this was the height of the tent when staked on the ground by skates). The fact that the stick was cut, clearly indicates a fairly long stay in the tent of strangers who strongly hampered the sagging horse.
   However, the search was over quickly enough, so that the ski pole was not needed as a backup. The one who searched the things, was located in the opposite end of the tent, and also began to observe the slope. To do this, he made several incisions of the ramp, just as his friend had done before.
   We can not know how long the attackers expected to be in the tent. Obviously, they intended to make sure that none of the tourists would return. One can only wonder how much time the killer was allowed to completely freeze the "Dyatlovites" - an hour or two. When the criminals saw the gleam of the bonfire below, it became clear to them that they underestimated the will to live the people targeted for sacrifice; "Dyatlovites" were much more experienced and acted with greater efficiency than their opponent expected.
   So, under the cedar fire was divorced. It is impossible to say how quickly this happened. It seems that a lot of time has passed, an hour or more. For people without shoes, gloves and high-grade headdresses, such a time interval means a very significant heat loss. If, in the first minutes after the expulsion from the tent, the seriousness of the danger was not yet fully appreciated by them, then after an hour, it became clear to all the tourists that it was a question of survival.

At this time, and maybe a little earlier, there was a division of the group at the cedar. Four Zolotaryov-Tibault-Kolevatov-Dubinin, having cut down several fir tops, left in the direction of the ravine, by the way, the cut down trees could be used by them to sweep the tracks. After quite a considerable period of time - polchala or even more - at the cedar appeared those most armed people that drove the group to the frost. Their appearance, most likely, did not go unnoticed by the four, hiding on the floor in the ravine - Zolotarev, Thibaut, Kolevatov and Dubinin dispersed (this tactic of action, perhaps, was discussed in advance). For the killers, finding a cedar of only two people was an unpleasant discovery - this meant that the group "crumbled" and now tourists will have to look for one at a time. Georgy Krivonischenko was on a tree and refused to go down, deciding that it was better to freeze at the top than to undergo massacre on the ground. Yuri Doroshenko was subjected to interrogation, accompanied by torture through chest compression. The lung edema provoked by her, aggravated by low temperature, killed him quite quickly - it is unlikely that this torture lasted more than 10 minutes. It was the rapidly developing pulmonary edema, provoked by static compression of the thorax, led to the isolation of Doroshenko's gray foam from the mouth and nose, which was discovered by the forensic expert Revivalist. All the arguments of the "Dyatlovites" that Doroshenko allegedly suffered from epilepsy and survived under the cedar attack, belong to the category of the same nonsense invented by the exalted ladies as "heptyl poisoning", yeti and "dwarfs from Arctida." Yuri Doroshenko could not suffer from epilepsy, because he was admitted to training at the military department of UPI for which he passed a corresponding medical commission. Even if we assume that he deceived the doctors, he would not have been able to conceal his very specific disease from fellow hostels for several years. This would necessarily become known in the institute with all the consequences for Yuri - deduction from the military department and the prohibition of participation in hikes.
   So the pulmonary edema of Yuri Doroshenko was caused, more precisely, provoked, artificially. This can be done by slow strangulation under the influence of a mass of about 50 kg., For which it is enough to simply sit on the chest of a lying person (this phenomenon is described by the French forensic doctor Alexander Lakassan on the basis of studying the corpses of miners strangled by collapses, which died from static compression of the thorax without fracture of the ribs. The changes observed in such cases in the lungs of Lakassan called a special term: "carmine edema of the lungs"). This is the way the intensive interrogation of a prisoner of war is conducted in combat conditions. In this case, the swelling of the lungs could be accelerated by pressing the back to the frozen ground. The horrible scene of the torment and agony of Yuri Doroshenko should have been heard and perhaps even observed by the surviving members of the group.

Georgy Krivonischenko remained on the tree until he lost consciousness, or fell into a state of sopor, a deep inhibition of the nervous system caused by hypothermia. The killers - whoever they were not - did not use firearms against him, as they, as already noted, did not at all intend to use it against tourists, for fear of leaving obvious traces of the crime. Krivonischenko, with all his might, embraced the branches or trunk of cedar, inevitably froze in a piercing wind. A sign that he was trying to prevent the inevitable unclenching of those who have lost the sensitivity of the hands can be the fact that he had left skin in his mouth with a finger - with his teeth, Georgy squeezed the numb fingers of the hand that gripped the trunk. Finally weakened and no longer controlling himself, he fell down, and, at that moment, George's condition was already so bad that the killers did not even try to torture him. The meaninglessness of torture was obvious to them.
   George died within a few minutes of the fall from the cedar. To make sure of his death, unknown people put a light fir paw on his left leg. It was quite an archaic and rude way to make sure of the fact of death. In combat, this is usually done quite differently (by touching your fingers with the eyeballs - the lack of reaction indicates the death of a person). But in this case, the attackers could not rely on the tried and tested method, since the fire had apparently gone out by then, or had largely lost its intensity and the illumination was clearly insufficient for an unambiguous verification. The result of the same test by fire is quite obvious in any lighting. In addition, it is quite possible that by their actions the criminals wanted to have a very definite psychological effect on the hiding members of the group, demonstrating ferocity and ruthlessness.
   So, in the embers of a smoldering fire they set fire to a branch and threw it on Krivonischenko's leg. At the same time they lifted Krivonischenko's trousers up to the knee or higher, hoping to see under them a bare leg. But instead they saw a black knitted sports pants. They could not be pulled up, because they looped around the heel and closed with a sock. Deciding not to bother with knitted trousers, criminals just put a burnt branch on top. Lapnik, as is known, gives a strong heat, but quickly burns out; flashing, the branch burned the pants and pants of the deceased, but the fleeting flame just did not have time to melt the snow on a thin cotton paper sock. This explains the strange ignition of black tights and pants Krivonischenko, which would have been impossible if his foot was in the flames of a bonfire (the open fire of a bonfire, or the heat of coals would necessarily burn a sock). Once again, we draw attention to the fact that the fire damaged two lower trousers (tights and pants) on Krivonischenko's leg, but the top bloomers remained intact (they were later worn by Lyudmila Dubinina). These strange damage to clothing unequivocally testify to the fact that the effect of the fire was nonrandom and corresponded to a certain design (evil intent).
   Convinced that George was dead, the persecutors left him and began to search for the remaining members of the group. As they were discovered, there was a massacre without the use of weapons. The last four (all!) Died as a result of physical violence, almost the same type of application. The head of Thibault Brignol, the ribs of Dubinina and Zolotarev were crushed by the finishing blows of the knee, and Kolevatov received a strong blow to his right ear with an object that penetrated the skin and penetrated to the bone. Judging by the size of the damage (3.0 * 1.5 cm), the pistol grip that came into contact with a part of the surface could be used as an implement. Such a blow would inevitably cause a more or less prolonged loss of consciousness and the subsequent state of the "darkened consciousness" (in boxers it is usually denoted by the short word "groggy"), which makes a person helpless and incapable of active action. Being in this state, being completely unable to fight for survival, Alexander Kolevatov eventually froze.
   In the future, the bodies of the last four dead, who had obvious traces of physical violence, were moved by criminals to the ravine and dropped into the thick of snow accumulated there. In fact, the ravine was the burial place of these bodies, a mass grave. The physical injuries caused by Dubinina, Zolotarev, Kolevatov and Thibault Brignol were too "talking". They gave out the fact of physical and, moreover, purposeful violence against the dead, and therefore the criminals needed to delay the moment of finding these bodies as much as possible. After all, time worked for them - with the arrival of spring, the probability of strong posthumous changes in corpses increased, and forest predators with their activity could help disguise bodily injuries. With the other five "Dyatlovites" such difficulties did not arise - they could well have passed for the deceased from frostbite and their bodies were left where everyone met death.